The Sound of Light Album

The Sound of Light

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Poem: Reflection 2006

                            


too frightened to look within
facing the demons of self could be torture
and the wounds of the past are still sore
while memories bring aching pains
so you refuse to reflect
neglecting the fact that you must grow
the only way to do so is to learn from our yesterdays
so reflections call us today

I hear this call… unlike others I refuse to ignore it
I feel it in my bones
my heart full of truth 
but my soul constantly searching
I look to you with sincerity, 
praying you can answer my questions
Deep… then Beyond
Beyond… then Deep
I have visions of tomorrow
but wonder if I have learned enough from the past 
to ever give birth to these visions
as I speculate you take my hand 
without ever touching me
you show me the way by teaching me 
to believe that I am everything they say I am 
but So Much More
you have never lied to me 
and you're too serious to pretend
you always speak to me
but your words are silent
you give me hope and 
you use tears and laughter to do so
never asked you to follow me but you insist that 
having you is healthy for my being
some view you as a burden 
but I know you are a lifesaver
always keeping me in check 
reminding me of all my bruises and cuts
and painting me with all my smiles 
that began in umi's belly
you echo in my ear the lessons I've already learned
and guide me to seek truth even in obscurity
you have never been and could never be tainted 
but only wide eyes can truly believe this
sometimes your presence stings but pain is cleansing
so whenever I ache because of you 
I try to do so with a smile
there is no life that could exist without you
but only those who truly live 
yearn to understand you
you are part of the light that steers me 
from my own darkness
in my most intimate silent moments you are there 
not only breathing wisdom 
but directing my thoughts
you remind me of why she named me Of WiDe EyEs
so now I mentally revisit that day daily
you teach me to look back and then to look forth
showing me that power lies in belief
and truth lies in yesterday
so as I've grown my faith has strengthened
you tell me again and again 
that I entered this world with a purpose
so today I possess a golden light within 
that has lit my way 
to being great not only for self but for the world
although your presence holds up my past 
you are still able to show me how to be a visionary
my love… 
my guide… 
my beam… 
my teacher… 
my shield… 
my partner… 
my reminder… 
I Love You
  wouldn't be able to function without you

For You are My 

~Reflection~


 
                                Venice, Italy 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment